Used widely in, is known to most for its unique . However, for centuries, the benefits of this multi-purpose plant has been tapped into for a variety of problems.
What is Vetiver?
Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides) is a long type of India, that can grow up to 5 in . It is a popular used for planting in pastures, and due to its extensive system, it is both excessive drought and -resistant. The of vetiver is akin to that of lemongrass: a little and slightly , but not too sharp. It has been used medicinally across South and West Africa for centuries, and the is highly prized in the perfume industry as a grounding scent, particularly for colognes. It is also used as a flavoring agent for beverages., native to
Vetiver has many amazing benefits, including the following:
- Vetiver is highly meaning that it can help to reduce the stress and chronic throughout the . in ,
- It is a calming shown to alleviate anxiety and of . for problems and has been
- It is also used topically for , killing larvae like termites or , and for treatment.
- It is naturally wounds or even or . and used as a for treating
- When this herb is added to a , it will help stimulate flow and prevent problems, as well as alleviate and from .
- Orally, this plant is used as an to induce or .
In Southeast Asia, this special grass is made into agreen syrup called Khus, which is used to flavor the following:
Adding a little khus syrup to your water is an easy way to include this surprisingly beneficialin your daily diet. Most people use this herb in the form of an oil or , but it does have some culinary uses.