Advocaat is a delicious beverage on the market that should be tried if you ever find yourself in Europe!
What is Advocaat?
Advocaat or advocatenborrel is a smooth, almost egg yolks, sugar, and brandy. It is often served mixed with . The content of advocaat can be anywhere between 14% and 20%, and there are many different brands, although it is not often found outside Europe. A very thick type of advocaat sold almost exclusively in the Netherlands and Belgium is much more like a traditional custard, and is eaten with a small spoon. A more liquid form of the drink is often exported and can be found in specialty stores. This traditional Dutch drink may look a lot like eggnog, but it is not the same thing.-like alcoholic drink made from
How to Make Advocaat
- Fill a medium-sized with 1 inch of water, bring to a simmer, and then reduce to low heat.
- In a glass bowl, whisk together egg yolks, salt, sugar, and until the yolks are ribboned and the sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the .
- Place the bowl over the simmering water and continue to whisk until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla flavoring.
- 30 days. for at least six hours before serving. The mixture can be kept refrigerated for up to
Due to its custard-like qualities, this alcohol is a popular base for ice lime juice.or as a filling for pastries. The most popular cocktail made with this is the Snowball, primarily served in the Christmas season, which consists of advocaat, lemonade, and occasionally