Advocaat is a deliciouson the market that should be tried if you ever find yourself in Europe!
What is Advocaat?
Advocaat or advocatenborrel is a smooth, almost egg yolks, sugar, and brandy. It is often served mixed with . The content of advocaat can be anywhere between 14% and 20%, and there are many different brands, although it is not often found outside Europe. A very thick type of advocaat sold almost exclusively in the Netherlands and Belgium is much more like a traditional custard, and is eaten with a small spoon. A more liquid form of the drink is often exported and can be found in specialty stores. This traditional Dutch drink may look a lot like eggnog, but it is not the same thing.-like alcoholic made from
How to Make Advocaat?
Traditional Advocaat Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 3-4 drops vanilla flavoring
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with 1 inch of water, bring to a simmer, and then reduce to low heat.
- In a glass bowl, whisk together egg yolks, salt, sugar, and cinnamon until the yolks are ribboned and the sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the brandy.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water and continue to whisk until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla flavoring.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours before serving. The mixture can be kept refrigerated for up to 30 days.
Due to its custard-like qualities, this alcohol is a popular base for ice lime .or as a filling for pastries. The most popular cocktail made with this is the Snowball, primarily served in the Christmas season, which consists of advocaat, lemonade, and occasionally
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please