sugar is a common debate in the of , and there are some clear differences between these two popular optionsvs
Agave vs Sugar
While these two sweeteners achieve the same purpose, they are far from the same thing.
How Are They Made?
- Agave nectar is a viscous liquid, sticky, but not as thick as honey.
- Table sugar commonly comes in the form of individual granules.
- Agave is composed of between 50% and 90% vitamin C, iron, calcium, and fiber. . It contains
- Table sugar is composed of minerals and vitamins. , which is 50% and 50% fructose. It is very low in
- Agave nectar has a can help prevent diabetes. index between 10 and 20, meaning that it
- Table sugar has a glycemic index of approximately 60 and can increase the of .
- Agave nectar can actually help to lower your glucose levels, which protects against diabetes.
- There are very few benefits associated with table sugar.
- Agave nectar is often used as a vegan alternative to . Agave nectar can be used in and goods but can change the consistency, in some cases.
- Table sugar is very common in baked goods and .
- In excessive quantities, agave can actually increase resistance in the .
- The major side effect of excess table sugar is a higher risk of diabetes. It can also increase the risk of and other health problems.
Which is Better?
Depending on the flavor you want to achieve, and your personal health conditions, agave or sugar may be a better choice, but for overall health, moderate use of agave is a better choice.