Cabernet Franc is a slightly less common variety of red wine that has a unique flavor and a number of benefits for you to enjoy.
What is Cabernet Franc?
Cabernet Franc is a black grape varietal that is widely grown around the . The wine made from Cabernet Franc tends to be a light clear red, with strong notes, that is popular for mixing with Cabernet Sauvignon and . It is most commonly grown to make a Bordeaux blend, which is a blend of Merlot and Cabernet grapes grown in the Bordeaux region of France. By itself, this wine has unusual flavors of pepper and strawberry, with medium dryness and -stimulating acidity.
This wine is most commonly seen in red wine blends but is considered an ideal wine by itself to pair with food, to its reduced content and high .
Cabernet Franc also goes well with the tanginess of soft cheese, such as , camembert or feta. Furthermore, the acidity makes it a perfect wine for serving with roasted vegetable dishes or tomato-based .
Cabernet Franc vs. Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Franc is a light red wine that is and more . It has more flavors than Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is a bold, dry red wine that is fruitier than the variety in question, with notes of vanilla. and
- Both wine grapes are grown , but Cabernet Sauvignon is more often found sold alone.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is usually aged before , while the Cab Franc is more often had while it is young.
- Cabernet Sauvignon was hybridized from Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc and is actually a descendant.