If you ever want to try an exotic vegetable , juice is an excellent option, as it has a long list of potential benefits, incredible nutrient density, and various powerful .
What is Cactus Juice?
Cactus juice is actually known by many different names, including pear juice or nopales juice, but they are all referring to the juice of the prickly pear cactus. There are more than a different species in the Opuntia genus but many of them share similar physical and profiles. Native to the Americas, prickly cactus was first in Australia and has since spread to many other parts of the globe. It is believed that cactus juice has been a part of ’s culinary practices for of years.
Cactus Juice Nutrition
Cactus juice is an excellent source of vitamin C, B-family vitamins, iron, calcium, beta- , magnesium, numerous acids and other . It is also extremely low in , although it is quite high in -6 fatty acids.
food stores, it can be expensive and also packed with other or sugars. Making your own allows you to be with other ingredients and enjoy the many health benefits of this juice at a fraction of the price.cactus juice requires a bit more effort than most other , but it is well worth the effort, provided you can find the appropriate prickly pear cactus to make the juice. While you can purchase your own cactus juice in certain exotic
Benefits of Cactus Juice
The top benefits of cactus juice include its ability to aid in digestion, neutralize inflammation, lower , relieve menstrual , manage diabetes, lower stress, improve health, reduce cancer risk and eliminate hangovers quickly.-loss efforts, ease
Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Studies have found that regular consumption of cactus juice can not only lower your LD cholesterol levels significantly but may also reduce deposition, thus lowering your of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular .
Cactus juice is extremely low in calories, about 15 calories per cup, which means you can drink quite a bit of this juice without it affecting your daily intake of calories. However, it does have the ability to fill you up and deliver a number of key , so you can prevent and without your diet!
This juice has been recommended for problems for centuries, as it can form a protective layer in the gut that lowers inflammation levels and soothes the discomfort of irritable , diverticulitis, and . It can also help clear up problems with constipation, bloating and , as it out the and tracts.
One of the soluble fibers that are bioavailable in this juice is , which has a strong effect on blood levels in the . This compound can help regulate and levels in the body, making it a great ally for those from or people at risk of developing this disease.
Lowers Blood Pressure
Acts as Anti-inflammatory Agent
If you suffer from conditions like arthritis, gout, , headaches, chronic or high levels, the anti- properties of this juice are precisely what you need. The and other antioxidants in the juice provide most of these soothing benefits.
Over the years, countless people have sworn by cactus juice as the common symptoms of a hangover, such as and .cure. in excess can cause inflammation, and cactus juice can directly counter that, while also addressing some of the most
Relieves Menstrual Cramps
Reduces Stress Levels
How to Make Cactus Juice?
Making your own cactus juice at home may sound daunting, but it is only slightly more fruits. pads and will contain the most diverse and stable range of nutrients. To improve the flavor of the juice, many people add other to increase sweetness and palatability.than blending or a normal vegetable. As mentioned, there are more than a hundred species of prickly pear cactus, but the most important thing is to remove the from both the pads and the rounded
- Step 1 – Remove any spines still stuck in the pad with tweezers or a knife.
- Step 2 – Bring a boil and then drop in the two cactus pads. of up to
- Step 3 – Allow them to steep for 3-4 minutes, as they will begin releasing their juices.
- Step 4 – Remove the pads carefully and let them cool.
- Step 5 – the pads and them into small .
- Step 6 – Add the chopped cactus to your blender, along with the oranges, and water.
- Step 7 – Blend thoroughly until the consistency is even.
- Step 8 – Place over a bowl or container and strain the blended mixture through it.
- Step 9 – Press on the cactus pulp in the cheesecloth, removing as much juice as possible.
- Step 10 – Discard the cactus pulp, the juice, and serve !
Side Effects of Cactus Juice
Cactus juice can be a wonderful addition to your health regimen, but there are some potential health risks and side effects of which you should be aware. Before using this nutrient-rich, it is best to speak with your about your specific risk factors.
- Hangover: Although many people consider cactus juice a hangover cure, those with sensitive or severe reactions to alcohol may find that cactus juice makes the symptoms worse, including more painful headaches and additional .
- Diabetes: Cactus juice is known for its blood sugar-lowering ability, but people with low blood sugar, or those on medication for the condition, could experience dangerously low levels of blood sugar, causing weakness, confusion, and even fainting.
- Stomach Issues: Common side effects for people who are not used to diarrhea, cramping, bloating and other types of gastrointestinal distress. cactus juice include nausea,
- Drug Interactions: Experts do not recommend drinking cactus juice before taking daily medications, as the juice can inhibit a number of , particularly those for , and conditions.