What is Cranberry Tea?
cloves and cinnamon, for flavor. As the cranberries simmer and begin releasing their juices, the tea is infused with a wide variety of , vitamins, and minerals, making it a delicious and extremely nutritious tea. There are and in this tea, along with caffeic acid, resveratrol, and numerous tannins, along with many other active ingredients. Cranberries have long been praised as a healthy fruit, but their highly flavor makes them more popular in a sweetened juice form, rather than as a snack. In the form of cranberry tea, however, you can alter the flavor and enjoy the high-density nutrients in this tasty beverage.tea is a tea brewed with whole cranberries in hot water, along with some
Cranberry Tea Benefits
The most notable benefits of cranberry tea include the following:
- Improving heart health
- Clearing up urinary tract
- Improving vision
- Promoting dental health
Let us discuss these amazing benefits in detail below.
There are more than 20 antioxidant compounds found in cranberry tea, ranging from anthocyanins to tannins and flavonols; this highmakes this tea an excellent means of preventing oxidative stress and neutralizing free radicals, thus preventing a number of chronic heart diseases.
Urinary Tract Infection
The reason this tea is so favored by women is that it can quickly remedy urinary tract infections, which affect women quite heavily. The healing properties of this tea, when consumed daily at the beginning of the infection, can cut the recovery time down significantly.
Cranberries are not only rich in antioxidants, but also in vitamins and minerals. The tea made from these fruits will similarly be able to boost the health of the immune system and prevent a variety of common infections.
In moderation, cranberry tea can stimulate urination and improve the health of the kidneys; however, when too much is consumed, it can increase your risk of developing kidney stones, so moderation is required.
The stress-relieving qualities of this tea are well known, as is the hormone-balancing effects of cranberries, which can improve mood and soothe anxiety.
Research has found that some of the compounds in cranberries make it more difficult for plaque to adhere to the teeth, while also eliminating certaininfections that can damage the gums and teeth.
How to Make Cranberry Tea?
Cranberry tea is remarkably easy to make, and you can make large batches to store and save for later.
Hot Cranberry Tea Recipe
- 2 quarts water filtered
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- lemon juice optional
- orange juice optional
- honey or sugar to taste
- Add 8 cups of water to a large pot on the stove.
- Add cranberries and the spices to the water.
- Bring the pot up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Add a dash of lemon juice and orange juice for flavor and sweetness.
- Strain out the cinnamon, cloves, and cranberries.
- Serve warm with honey to taste. You can store the remaining tea in the refrigerator for later use.
Cranberry Tea Side Effects
This powerful fruit tea is associated with some side effects, such as an elevated risk of kidney stones and complications with pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Kidney Stones: Since cranberries do have a rather high level of oxalate, they can increase your risk of kidney stones, if consumed in excess. Therefore, if you already have problems with your kidneys, it is best to speak with your doctor before adding this tea to your normal health routine.
- Pregnancy: The powerful components in the tea are not recommended for pregnant or women, as it can be risky for the pregnancy and the infant.