When you find yourself craving for light and fresh meals, a bowl of salad is the perfect solution for that. Also, anything that has mango in it is unabashedly delicious, and this salad is no different! We also feel like mango is a humble dessert masquerading as a fruit. And, of course, anything fruity is welcome, especially during summer. This salad, with a zesty dressing, is going to be a masterpiece you would want to make on repeat.
How To Make Mango Salad?
What makes a mango salad delectable is the range of flavors it renders. It gets its sweetness from mangos, while the avocados lend it a buttery texture. The red onions bring in the piquancy that, when combined with the cucumber and sweet pomegranate pearls will give your salad an interesting twist. The arugula, we guess, is an ode to all moms who swear by greens. Not to forget that the delicious citrus dressing can transform this already amazing salad into a super-bowl.
You probably can’t wait to eat this salad but let us give you the most important tip before you jump to the recipe. Go for firm mangos, always. A soft, overripe mango has an irreversible shapeshifting ability that will only leave you with a salsa. Or, maybe a salad with a runny texture.
Mango Salad With Citrus Dressing Recipe
- 2 medium mangos peeled and sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- salt to taste
- chili flakes to taste, optional
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- To start with, take a large bowl and add the sliced mangos, avocado, red onion, and cucumber.
- Mix it with a spoon and then add arugula and pomegranate.
- Sprinkle salt on the salad and give it a toss so that it mixes well. You can add a few chili flakes also to give it a spicy kick.
- Once done, keep it aside and start making the dressing. Take a bowl and mix lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Now, drizzle the dressing on the salad and enjoy your meal!
Mango salad is a great accompaniment when you need a flavorsome side dish. Here are some suggestions.
- Tender And Juicy Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- Crispy Honey Chili Chicken Recipe
- Fish With Lemon Butter Sauce
If you try this salad at home, let us know how it turned out. While we cannot taste it, we would love to see the pictures! Find and tag us on Instagram or simply use the hashtag #organicfacts.