Black garlic may not be appetizing to look at, but it has a wonderful taste, like aged, high-quality vinegar. It is used as a folklore remedy to improve overall health. You can make black garlic at home, but you will need some specialized equipment, which is why most people simply buy black from specialty stores. A rice , on which you can adjust the temperature and humidity conditions, can be used for this purpose. Even better is a fermenting box, although this is less commonly found in kitchens.
How to Make Black Garlic
- 6 large garlic bulbs with peel
- Use fresh, unblemished garlic bulbs to make black garlic. Since making black garlic is a long process, it is best to use good quality garlic bulbs.
- Place whole garlic bulbs on a paper towel at the bottom of a rice cooker or in a fermenting box.
- If you are using a rice cooker, close the lid and use the "Keep Warm" setting. Leave it alone for 14 days, and if you want to deepen the flavors, let it stay for 40 days.
- If you are using a fermentation box, place it for 10 hours at 140 degrees Fahrenheit and 70% humidity. For the second round, increase the temperature to 160 degrees Fahrenheit and 90% humidity for 10 hours. Finally, change the setting to 180 degrees Fahrenheit at 95% humidity for 10 days.
- Once you remove it from the cooker or fermentation box, allow the garlic bulbs to sit for at least 10 days before using it.
- Remove the peel to access the black garlic pods. Your homemade black garlic is ready! Enjoy its intense, smoky flavor.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please