Nothing can be more refreshing than a tall glass of ginger ale on a hot . While numerous options of the same are available in the supermarket, one can easily make it at home. Not only is it more economical than store-bought options, but it is also relatively tastier and fresh when prepared at home. In fact, it is best to avoid commercial preparations of ginger ale as most of them are versions loaded with and artificial flavor.
For the uninitiated, ginger ale, in its traditional version, is a drink made from a culture called ginger bug. A daily dose of this is extremely beneficial for your gut health, and it also helps soothe . Once the syrup is ready, it can be bottled and stored. Every time you wish to have it, all you need to do is just add cold club soda and you’re good to go!
Homemade Ginger Ale Recipe
- 1 cup ginger (pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ginger bug (or whey)
- 8 cups water (filtered)
- Add ginger root, 3 cups of water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar completely dissolves and the aroma of ginger becomes strong enough.
- Turn off the heat. Now, add the rest of the water and allow it to cool briefly until it reaches room temperature.
- Add lemon juice and ginger bug or whey.
- Transfer the mixture to a large glass jug, stir well and then seal with an airtight lid.
- Leave it out for 2-3 days until it becomes carbonated. The whey added will lead to a faster fermentation as compared to the ginger bug. You will get a bubbly fizz when you open the lid depending on the environmental temperature. You may also have to shake the jar once or twice during the fermentation phase for it to ferment better.
- Refrigerate after this point. This mixture will smell of ginger and yeast.
- Strain it in a glass and serve it with a slice of lime!
<Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please