This classic 5-bean salad is a great addition to any feast. It is filled with proteins from the different kind of beans and I love the combination of soft, boiled beans and the crunchy veggies along with the fresh herbs. Use either canned beans or soak overnight and boil the dried beans a few hours before making the salad.
5-Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cups boiled black beans
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 cups white beans
- 2 cups red kidney beans
- 2 cups chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels steamed
- 1/2 cup red onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsely finely chopped
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt as per taste
- paprika powder as per taste
- To begin with, first, drain and rinse the beans under running water in case you are using canned beans. If you are using dried beans, boil and then drain them.
- Combine the beans, corn kernels, onions, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Zest the lemon directly over the salad.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and paprika in a small bowl and pour over the salad.
- Now toss the salad to combine and chill in the refrigerator for 30-40 mins before serving.
- Enjoy the delicious and wholesome salad, which can be consumed for 3-4 days if refrigerated.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.