This year, I have resolved to make use of quinoa. I have tried a few of the and I have come to the conclusion that if you spice up the , it turns more palatable. So in one of my experiments with quinoa, I tried to make mint quinoa just like rice that is famous in the south of India. mint quinoa, the name itself awakens the aromatic sense into the mind. Imagine the medley of and fresh with a mix of fresh mint. It’s all things good, don’t you think?
Mint Quinoa Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa soaked for 20 minutes
- 5-6 sprigs fresh mint
- 8-10 sprigs coriander
- 4-5 chilies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large Carrot diced
- salt as per taste
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala or
- 2 star anise seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 5 pepper corns
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- To make mint flavored quinoa, first make a paste of coriander, mint, chilies, and coconut with 2 tsp of water.
- Thereafter, in a pressure cooker, heat oil on a medium flame.
- Once the oil heats, add all the dry spices (star anise, cloves,pepper corns,bay leaf,cinnamon,cardamom) and sauté until the aromatic smell starts emitting from it.
- Add the mint-coriander paste to the pressure cooker and sauté it for a minute.
- To this, add onions and carrots and turmeric powder. Mix everything together and let it cook for 2 mins.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pressure cooker (or wide pan with lid) and let it boil. At this time add salt so that you can do a taste test. For a cup of quinoa around 1 and 1/2 - 2 tsp of salt is suggested.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add soaked quinoa.
- Stir it lightly whilst covering the pressure cooker with a lid. Cook for 2 whistles over medium flame. (cook for 15 mins on medium flame if cooking in a pan)
- Once done with 2 whistles, turn off the heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Finally, open the lid once the steam has escaped. Serve it warm and enjoy the nutritious and delicious meal.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.