Listen to this article
Okra might not seem like the most palatable of all, but with all the benefits that it has to offer, you surely ought to give it a try. Here is an easy recipe which you can enjoy.
Amongst various reasons why you should have this simple study published in the Journal of Pharmacy and Bio-allied Sciences, the peel and seeds of okra plant have properties that can help manage diabetes. The research showcased that a solution of water with okra soaked in it helped bring down sugar levels in diabetic rats., probably the most interesting is its anti- potential. According to a
Okra Water Recipe
- 4-5 okra pods medium-sized
- 1 cup water
- salt (optional)
- Take 4-5 medium-sized okra pods and wash it thoroughly.
- Cut both ends of the pods, and slice them in half. You can also use a knife and pierce each side of the pods.
- Now, take a cup filled with water and immerse the pods in it.
- Keep the pods soaked in water for 8 hours. Note that you can also keep it soaked in water for 24 hours if you prefer to do so.
- Next morning, or after 24 hours, release the leftover sap into the water from the okra pods by squeezing it. You can throw the pods away once you do so.
- Pour the water into a glass and drink the nutrient-rich beverage. You can also season the drink with salt and pepper, should you find it bland.
- Alternatively, to cut down on the time, boil the okra pods instead of keeping them soaked in water overnight. Once boiled, you can blend the slimy okra pods with water. Either, have it warm as a soup, or wait for it to cool down to have it as okra water.
Connect With Us