If you have leftover rice (brown or white), it’s easy to toss together a healthy Asian home “takeout”. Given below is the suggested ingredient list but you can improvise based on your taste/ available fridge ingredients. Now isn’t that an easy dinner idea? To get started, follow the simple recipe given below.
How to make Stir Fry with Avocado & Egg?
- 1 cup mixed vegetables broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers etc
- 1.5 cup left-over rice (brown or white)
- 2 pods garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut amino or
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or sub white vinegar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper as per taste
- sesame seeds, red chilli flakes for toppings as per taste
- To make stir fry with avocado & egg, first, sauté garlic in a frying pan with olive oil for 1-2 minutes until you get the fragrance.
- Add chopped vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers and mushrooms to it. Cook it for 4-5 minutes on high heat. The high heat is essential to give the vegetables a crispy texture. This is a better option as compared to steaming the veggies as that will cause them to become limp.
- Thereafter, add the cooked/leftover rice to the stir-fried vegetables. Sauté the rice with the vegetables again on high heat.
- After 5 minutes, add the coconut amino (or soy sauce), apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Clear a space in the center of the wok and crack open the eggs. Cook them quickly to the point of perfection (until they become soft).
- Finish the dish with sliced ripe avocado to the side. Top it with sesame seeds and red chili flakes and you're good to go!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.