This holiday season, try rompope with your family and friends for a unique taste of Mexico!
What is Rompope?
Rompope is an eggnog, but its primary flavors are vanilla and rind, typically either lemon or . It originated with nuns in Puebla, Mexico as a treat for honored guests, but has since become a holiday favorite across America.that is widely popular in Mexico and Central America. It is similar to
How to Make Rompope?
The process to make rompope is rather simple, let’s take a detailed look at it below.
Creamy Rompope Recipe
- Bring the milk, sugar, vanilla, and one orange peel to a boil, then cook on low for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the egg yolks with the condensed milk, then mix in the cream.
- Ladle one cup of the heated milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture and stir it well, then slowly add the egg yolk mixture to the milk and stir thoroughly over low heat.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then add 1-2 cups of rum or aguardiente, depending on how strong you want your drink to be!
- Enjoy this drink chilled or serve it warm for extra creamy richness.