This holiday season, try rompope with your family andfor a unique taste of Mexico!
What is Rompope?
Rompope is an drink that is widely popular in Mexico and Central America. It is similar to eggnog, but its primary flavors are vanilla and rind, typically either lemon or . It originated with nuns in Puebla, Mexico as a for honored guests, but has since become a holiday favorite across America.
How to Make Rompope?
The process to make rompope is rather simple, let’s take a detailed look at it below.
- Step 1: Bring 8 cups of boil, then on low for about 30 minutes. , 1 cup of , a teaspoon of , and one orange to a
- Step 2: Blend 10 with 1 cup of milk, then mix in 2 cups of .
- Step 3: Ladle one cup of the then slowly add the egg yolk mixture to the milk and stir thoroughly over low . milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture and stir it well,
- Step 4: Let the mixture cool completely, then add 1-2 cups of rum or aguardiente, depending on how strong you want your to be!
- Step 5: Enjoy this drink or serve it warm for extra richness.