nuts are an important culinary and nutritive in various parts of the and have been throughout history, but there are many surprising benefits of this popular .
What are Tiger Nuts?
Tiger Cyperus esculentus plant, which has been cultivated for at least 9,000 years for its nutrient density and . These nuts aren’t actually nuts, although they are commonly referred to as almonds. While these are considered in certain places, the dense nutrient profile of these tubers make them an important crop and source of – far more than sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.are the edible of the
Tiger Nuts Nutrition
In terms of nutritive value, tiger nuts also possess high levels of fiber, magnesium, potassium, and protein, as well as calcium, vitamin E, iron, and vitamin C. Their high starch content means a high level, and there are approximately 120 in one ounce of these nuts. There is also a good amount of , primarily and acid, which are healthy fats.
Tiger Nuts Benefits
high presence in these tubers, which is a , and thus able to lower and protect cardiovascular health.has a particularly
There is a good amount of vitamin C in these tubers, which can provide a boost to thesystem.
With beneficial fats like oleic and linoleic fatty acids, these tubers can lower overall levels and prevent cardiovascular .
Despite having a moderate amount of calories, the high fiber content can keep you feeling full, thus preventing weight loss efforts.and , and aiding
How to Eat Tiger Nuts?
While they are hard in texture and difficult to eat raw, after soaking them in milk., they can be eaten easily, as well as roasted, dried, or turned into tiger nut
- If you these tiny tubers, they can be chopped and on or as a flavorful and nutritious burst.
- Perhaps the most famous use of tiger nuts, however, is in the creation of the drink – horchata – made with , or perhaps even blended with dates.
- Mixing the tubers with nuts, chocolate, and dried fruit also makes for a delicious trail mix.
Tiger Nuts Side Effects
There are very few side effects ofthese nuts aside from the following:
- Gastrointestinal problems: If you consume too many of these tubers, the high level of dietary fiber could have a constipating effect, so be sure to consume these nuts in moderation.
- Potential allergic reactions: Allergies to these tubers are possible and may manifest as issues, such as , , or excess flatulence.