What is Wheat Beer?
Quite simply, barley. All beers start with fermenting grain and most of them use as the dominant grain. However, the use of more malted wheat creates a pleasantly and taste. Lager and ale are the 2 types of yeast used by brewers, and wheat beers are made with ale yeast. Many pounds of wheat go into each batch, and a liter of beer can contain anywhere from 10-40 milligrams of , so wheat beer is definitely not gluten-free for those with an intolerance or allergy.beer is a beer made with wheat! More specifically, it is a beer that is made with more wheat than
Wheat beer is rich in carbohydrates. It does not contain significant amounts of fats, , or any .and
Types of Wheat Beer
The different types of wheat beer include Hefeweizen, Witbier or white beer, Berliner Weisse, and many more.
- Weissbier or Hefeweizen: It is a traditional beer from the state of Bavaria.
- Witbier: Also known as white beer, this kind of beer is native to Belgium and the Netherlands. It is named for its hazy color, which is usually quite pale.
- Berliner Weisse: It is a less common sour wheat beer, but also very popular in Europe.
- Lambic: It is strong, funky beer and often brewed with ripe for a distinctive taste
- Gose beers: They are flavored with coriander and salt and are perhaps the most divisive of all wheat beers.
How to Make Wheat Beer?
You can make wheat beer at home with a home-brew kit. Pick any flavor you like and follow the instructions on the pack.
Easy Wheat Beer Recipe
- 1 wheat beer home-brew kit
- Boil the malted wheat and barley from the kit in a large mesh bag in a covered kettle.
- Remove the grain bag and add the hops in their own mesh bags.
- Cool the liquid and transfer to a fermenting container.
- Add your desired yeast, seal, and ferment for 1-2 weeks.
- Bottle, chill and enjoy!