Very often, we look for healthy snacks to munch on, the criteria being that it should be crunchy and tasty. Now, if you are following a well-balanced diet and avoiding junk, enter roasted cashews nuts into the picture! They are protein-packed, contain fiber, and keep you full for long. Honey roasted cashews are such nibbles to bite on. You can skip queues to buy readymade packets of these at the local grocery and whip up your fresh batch. It will be a good idea, since you may want to hide some for later because, trust us, these get over pretty fast!
What are Honey Roasted Cashews?
Honey roasted cashews are a healthy tea-time evening snack. It contains oodles of honey and is butter-roasted to perfection. Besides, cashews are nutritious too, so it is a win-win. They are cholesterol-free, lower blood pressure, and contain antioxidants. You can find out more about its health benefits, here. Now, let us jump onto the recipe!
Honey Roasted Cashews Recipe
They are pretty easy to make and take snacking to a whole new level altogether. You can vary it a little by adding new flavors such as cinnamon, salt, cardamom, and even cocoa powder. Are you ready to see how to make these healthy roasted cashews?
Simple Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews Recipe
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar optional
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Line a baking sheet with a tin foil.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine honey, salt, and melted butter.
- In another bowl, combine cashews and the honey mixture. Toss and coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss, and put it back for another 5-6 minutes.
- Once the cashews are toasted and brown, remove the tray. Toss it with coconut sugar. Leave aside until cooled. Then, store in an airtight container.
- You can have optional add-ins like ground cinnamon, paprika, or vanilla extract.
- If there are no cashews available, you can use any type of nuts otherwise.
Since a 30 g serving of cashews contains 157 calories and honey too makes it heavy, having a handful of these yummy nuts is a good idea. Also, if you try this recipe at home, do let us know how it turned out. While we cannot taste it, we would love to see the pictures. Find and tag us on Instagram or simply use the hashtag #organicfacts.