In many places, oregano, but the two have very different tastes and benefits.is just another name for
What is Marjoram?
Marjoram is a small mint family, Lamiaceae. It is a native plant, found in Cyprus and , although it is grown all over the now since its popularity as a spice has boomed. It has a , mild taste with notes of and pine. This light floral is often used in and . Fresh or dried, it does not stand up to well during and better in cooking applications. It is not only prized for its flavor, but also for its potential effects.that is a subspecies of , both being members of the
Being a rich source of prescribed for the following:, marjoram is often
- Prevents gallstones
- Promotes heart health
- Dilates vessels
- Improves health
- Reduces anxiety
- Lowers stress
- Improves emotional health
- Treats health
Due to its provides protection against the following:and anti- properties, inhaling its
It is a well-known following:treatment for ’s health issues. It is used for the
- Menstrual cycle support
- Treat menopause symptoms
- Reduces androgen levels
Marjoram vs. Oregano
- Origin: Marjoram is a subspecies of oregano, and the two are often for each other. In some regions, oregano is called wild marjoram, and marjoram is referred to as sweet marjoram, as a means to differentiate.
- Taste: As those names suggest, the tastes of both are very different. Oregano is very and earthy , with a heavy, . Marjoram is , with more subtle floral sweetness.
- Cuisines: Oregano is common in and Mediterranean , while marjoram is more common in and .
- Usage: Both essential oils are powerful , but oregano is harsher and is used more frequently to treat like fever or . Marjoram is and is used more commonly for , , and as an anti-inflammatory substance.
This herb is not recommended for women during breastfeeding due to its powerful and menstrual effects.or while
Furthermore, caution is advised, if you are on medication for the following:
- Scheduled for surgery