Drinking orange tea is an excellent morning beverage, one that includes a burst of caffeine as well as the impressive nutrients of oranges. Let’s see how to make orange tea and what are some of its benefits.
What is Orange Tea?
Orange tea is a variety of tea that is made either with orange juice, , or orange peels. With citrus as the star ingredient, this beverage can be made with green, white, or black tea to make it unique and nutrient-packed. Oranges, like many other citrus fruits, are famed for their vitamin C and content. Tea, on the other hand, works as an anti- , antihypertensive, and antioxidative. According to an animal study published in the Journal of Functional Foods, orange peel extracts, extracts, and caffeine could exert anti-obesity properties. When these two ingredients are brought together, it can make either a warm or cold beverage that provides an energetic and nutritious boost.
How to Make Orange Tea?
There are a few different ways to make this tea; the most common method involves adding eitheror orange juice concentrate to a brewed pot of tea. However, other people enjoy steeping orange peels in hot water, without green or black tea, to derive the benefits of oranges in a less overpowering way. Let’s take a look at how to make this tea.
How to Make Orange Tea: Easy Recipe
- 1 tsp dried orange peel
- cinnamon sticks/cinnamon powder optional
- honey or sweetener of choice
- 8 oz water
- For making this tea, use fresh oranges, chop their peels into 1/4th sized pieces
- Leave these oranges to dry, ideally in a cool and dry place. Fasten the process by roasting the peels in an oven until they turn slightly crispy.
- Crush these peels using a mortar and pestle until they turn into a powder.
- Now take a stainless pot with a lid on it and place the crushed and chopped oranges in it. You can also use glass and enamel pots instead of steel.
- Bring the water to a boil. If you wish to add cinnamon powder to the tea to enhance the flavor, feel free to add it at this stage.
- Let the orange peels steep in the water for 15 minutes.
- Use a strainer to pour the tea into a teacup. Add honey or any other sweetener of your choice. Serve the tea hot!
Orange Tea Benefits
The top benefits of orange tea include the following:
The nutrient density helps you feel full, which aids in creating a calorie deficit. Aside from that, the and catechins will help to prevent chronic diseases and also strengthen the efficacy of the immune system. When you brew this with tea, you will also enjoy the energy boost of caffeine, and improved metabolism. Regular use can also improve skin appearance and conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis.compounds, antioxidants, vitamin C,
Orange Tea Side Effects
There are very few side effects of this tea, but before taking any with your doctor. Furthermore, since there is caffeine in some forms of this tea, excess consumption of this can cause the following side effects:, particularly one that includes caffeine, it is important to speak
- Nervous disorders
Use in moderation, and discuss the decision with your doctor.