Irresistibly crunchy and fresh, the apple cranberry walnut salad makes for an interesting meal option for the holiday season as well as an easy choice for your busy weeknights. The salad is a perfect blend of sweet and savory and comprises a delicious mix of apples, walnuts (sometimes even candied walnuts), cranberries, and feta cheese. It also makes for a great, hassle-free side dish to your delicious Turkey roast on Thanksgiving. Have you tried this recipe at home? Well, try out our simple recipe given below, if you haven’t.
How to make Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad?
The best part about apple cranberry walnut salad is that it can be prepared well in advance, except for apple slices which can be a last-minute addition. You can dress the salad as per your preference. Sauces like apple cider vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, and dijon mustard are the usual choices for this salad. The tangy and somewhat pungent flavor of the sauces complements the sweetness of the fruits and cranberries. Additionally, the apples and walnuts give the salad a bit of a crunch. No wonder then that this salad explodes with flavor!
Crunchy Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- 2 apples (sliced)
- 1/3 cup dried or fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 bag mixed greens and spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts or candied walnuts
To make apple cider vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To make apple cranberry walnut salad, toss together apple slices, dried or fresh cranberries, mixed greens, spinach, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic powder, olive oil, dried basil, oregano, sugar and freshly ground black pepper to make apple vinaigrette sauce.
- Thereafter, drizzle the sauce all over the salad and toss it properly. Once prepared, serve immediately. Note that apples can get soggy so you cannot store this for a long time. If you wish to refrigerate it, add the apple just before eating the salad.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.