Avocado is perhaps one of the most delicious and nutritious you will ever come across. Usually, they are used to make tasty and guacamole dips, but sometimes just mixing slices or cubes into a green leafy salad can make for a delectable and wholesome meal. Creamy chunks of well-ripened avocados complement very well with the crunchiness of the green leafy and cucumbers, making this variant of the salad a healthy, easy-to-make homemade lunch option for many.
How to make Avocado Salad?
In this particular version of the salad, avocados, boiled eggs, green leafy vegetables (like kale, spinach or lettuce) and are tossed together in a bowl with olive oil, lemon , salt, and for . The recipe can, however, be customized as per your preference. Some people prefer to ditch the lemon juice for low -fat yogurt. You can also add other like , oregano, basil or a sauce of your choice.
The Best Homemade Avocado Salad
- 2 ripe avocados (cubed)
- 1 small cucumber (sliced)
- 1 cup of broccoli (cut)
- 2 cups of green leafy vegetables of your choice, eg, kale or lettuce
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of feta or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs (cut)
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- To make avocado salad, combine cubed avocados, kale, sliced boiled eggs and cut cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with lime juice, pepper flakes, olive oil, and a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Adjust the quantity of salt and pepper as per your taste. Now gently toss the salad to allow the ingredients to mix well. Sprinkle mozzarella or feta cheese over the salad and continue to mix well.
- Once done, your salad is ready. You can either serve it immediately or cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for two days.
- You can have the salad as it is or simply add it as a filling in a sandwich or a wrap.
Connect with Us
If you have tried the recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.