Drinking tea has been a popular part of Russian culture for hundreds of years, but now this tea style is becoming more common in other parts of the world.
What is Russian Tea?
Russian tea is not a precise type of tea, but rather a method of mixing, preparing, and serving. The tea itself is typically a blend of green tea, much of which was imported from China to Russia when tea first became popularized by the czars. The long caravan journey gave the tea a smoky flavor, due to the campfires, and that flavor is still mimicked today in this variety.and black or
How to Make Russian Tea?
Russian Tea Recipe
- 4 tbsp tea leaves heaped
- Water for brewing
- 1 tsp honey, lemon or jam optional
- To make the tea concentrate (zavarka in Russian), add the tea leaves to a teapot and add water. The water should be just enough to soak the leaves, plus a bit extra. The amount of tea leaves can be adjusted according to taste.
- Let the tea leaves brew for 10-15 mins. The leaves should float to the surface of the soaking water.
- To drink, pour out as much concentrate as you want in a teacup and add hot water to dilute it.
- Add honey, lemon or jam to the tea for flavor, if desired.
Russian Tea Benefits
The benefits of Russian tea primarily come from the herbal preparation and the that you included. This tea is known to help with weight loss efforts and can reduce , as well as prevent tooth decay and promote the growth of strong bones. Due to the found in black and green tea, you can prevent stress in various parts of the body, and encourage healthier skin. This tea can also give a boost to the immune system, helping to fend off everything from the common cold to more serious .or green tea