What is Vanilla Tea?
Vanilla tea, or vanilla chai tea, is an brewed with vanilla beans or vanilla extract, along with black, white or orange pekoe teas, among others. Depending on your method of brewing this tea, you may have a higher sugar content in the sweet , but the best way to brew the tea is with fresh vanilla beans. Synthetic vanilla flavorings won’t deliver the same benefits. Vanilla tea can be served either hot or cold and is consumed around the world, particularly as a stress-relieving brew.
There are quite a few benefits to vanilla tea, including its ability to kickstart the metabolism and improve health, due to its active ingredient , as well as other , in both the tea and the vanilla beans. This tea naturally lowers stress hormone levels and improves mood while calming the nervous system and aiding in healthy sleep.
- The side effects of drinking vanilla chai tea include side effects from consuming caffeine, such as , , and irritability, at least once the has worn off.
- women are not advised to consume this tea, as caffeine is not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers.
- Some people are allergic to vanilla and its byproducts, but this allergy isn’t overly common.
How to Make Vanilla Tea
If you want to make vanilla tea, you can brew it with actual vanilla beans or by adding a few drops of vanilla extract into a normal cup of tea. This recipe is for the former, more natural approach to brewing a vanilla tea.
Aromatic Vanilla Tea Recipe
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 3-4 teabags black, green, white or orange pekoe
- 4 tsp sugar
- Heat up 1/4 cup of water and the sugar on the stove in a saucepan.
- Slice 1 vanilla bean in half and scoop out the seeds, adding them to the water and sugar.
- Add the bean shell as well and allow the mixture to heat for 5-10 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the tea bags of your choice to the water and allow them to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the sugar mixture and add to the tea.
- Remove the tea bags and stir the mixture thoroughly before serving.
- Now, you can sit back and enjoy your cup of vanilla tea!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.