What is Arrowroot?
Arrowroot is not technically a plant in itself, but rather a type of powdery that can be readily obtained from the or rhizomes of the Marantaceae family of . This high nutrient density starch has been very valuable to a number of cultures more than 7,000 years.
Arrowroot is a rich source of , vitamin B9, and minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, and phosphorus. It also has trace amounts of zinc and iron, as well as vitamin B1 and B6. and fatty acids are also found in it in negligible amounts. In addition, it contains fibers and some proteins and too.
Health Benefits of Arrowroot
Let’s take a more in-depth look at the many health benefits of arrowroot.
important parts of our process, as it helps move food through the in an efficient manner, while also stimulating the uptake of . It can eliminate issues of constipation and diarrhea, and manage sugar levels to prevent the onset of diabetes. Finally, dietary fiber can help to clear out excess , further promoting health.is one of the most
Improved Heart Health
The significant levels of heart-related issues. Potassium is a , meaning that it the tension in the blood vessels and , thereby lowering and reducing your of atherosclerosis, attacks, and . Potassium is also known as a , promoting the flow of oxygenated blood to the .found in arrowroot mean that it can be a definite line of defense against
Safe for infants
Fights Salmonella Virus
Lower Birth Defects
One particular member of the B family of vitamins is , and it is found in high levels within arrowroot. Studies have shown that folate is important for , as it can help to prevent neural tube defects in their child. Folate is also an important factor in synthesis and division, thereby promoting rapid healing and healthy growth.
Reduced Stomach Concerns
Growth and Development
Arrowroot has a good amount of increasing our dietary intake of plant , which are easier to process than proteins, we can guarantee healthy growth and development.present in it. By
Arrowroot is extremely low in potatoes or cassava. For this reason, people trying to remain on a diet can get complex carbohydrates and a wealth of nutrients, as well as a healthy dose of dietary fiber, which can eliminate the desire to snack between . Arrowroot fills you up and gives you the and your body needs.as compared to other starches like yams,
It is asweat-absorbent, therefore, used in and . Its topical application also helps in curing , , and other .
Treats Athlete’s Foot
’s is a common infection of the feet caused by . You can use arrowroot powder to treat this infection by applying it to the affected area. The powder has the ability to absorb and sweat, which makes it difficult for the fungus to grow and spread.
Arrowroot powder is also used as a dryby many. Its moisture- ability is useful in reducing the greasiness in hair.
Treats Urinary Tract Infection
The anti-bladder infections and urinary tract infections ( ). its intake to those who face frequent infections.properties of arrowroot aids in curing
The essential minerals present in arrowroot are very good for fighting weakness,, and cognitive disorders. It also encourages oxygenation of your body’s systems and extremities, which can boost your levels.
The high concentration of vitamin B within arrowroot makes it an important and substance. The B-vitamin family is very important in regulating processes throughout your body, from release to , meaning that you never want a in that department! The rich source of ash present in it is also vital in maintaining the acid-alkali in the body.
Arrowroot is a popular traditional remedy for, painful , and in the . It helps to provide a relief and soothing effect, to its anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Buy & Store
- Buying: Arrowroot is available as a powder in its standard form, and is commercially known as arrowroot flour. It turns translucent, tapioca, powder, etc. , and -like when added to boiled . When purchasing it from supermarkets ensure to check its as cheaper brands may adulterate it with substances like -starch,
- Storing: Do not it. Store it in cool and dry place, away from direct and moisture.
Arrowroot has been used traditionally for various, , and other applications:
- Topical application of arrowroot powder bites wounds from black spider and scorpion
- The powder was used to treat the injury from poisoned arrows, hence, the name
- Apply the powder in the affected area to seize gangrene
- Directly apply arrowroot powder to the gums or mix it in beverages and it to get relief from mouth and gum pain or other
- The rhizome can be to form
- chicken, pigs, and tip and leaves are used as feed for
- Thickener in ’
- Leaves can be used as biodegradable
- Natural deodorant
- Replaces in various gluten-free products
You can eat it raw, roasted, boiled or stewed without losing the potency and nutrients. Here are a few quick serving tips:
- Prepare crunchy salt and arrowroot powder and then fry them by in
- It can be eggs as a binder for
- Use it as a food thickener for better consistency
- Mix this flour to give better to pastries, , and cookies
Word of Caution: Care should be taken when consuming arrowroot to alleviate. Because excess intake or consuming along with other medication may cause . Other than that, there is no known danger or to arrowroot.