Aloe vera juice is made from the leaves of the aloe vera plant, and unlike the processes to acquire the extract of this plant, the juice is made by crushing, grinding, and blending the entire leaf. After several filtering steps, the juice can be consumed for its concentrated nutritional values. While the smell of this plant can be potent, the juice is quite mild and easy to drink, which is why it has gained popularity of late as a health supplement or a dietary drink. So, let’s take a look at how to make aloe vera juice!
How to Make Aloe Vera Juice at Home
- 1 aloe vera leaf large
- 3 cups water filtered
- Using a sharp knife, remove the outer layer of the aloe vera leaf, which is often covered with thorns.
- The second layer of the aloe vera leaf is the latex part, which is predominantly yellowish in color.
- Cut through the latex layer of the leaf, to reveal the clear aloe vera gel inside.
- Scoop out the gel as much as possible and transfer it to a small bowl.
- Measure out two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and add it to the water in the blender.
- Blend thoroughly for 2-3 minutes, until the liquid has a uniform consistency.
- Add some lime juice or a few pieces of cucumber to the infusion, to enhance its flavor.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.