It is always a good idea to stock your pantry with low-carb and low-sugar snack options, particularly when you are trying to lose weight. Soft, chewy, and delicious – coconut flour cookies are just what you need when you have an insatiable sweet craving but are trying to make healthy decisions. Made with just a handful of ingredients, coconut flour cookies are grain-free, gluten-free, low on sugar and the perfect keto dessert option.
A study published by a team of researchers from the Philippines, states that coconut flour, unlike all-purpose flour, ranks low in glycemic index (GI), which helps to manage and, in some cases, even reduce the risk of diabetes. This means that those trying to lose weight or with diabetes can have baked goods made from this flour (such as coconut flour cookies) in restricted quantities. 
How to make Coconut Flour Cookies?
Coconut flour is not an easy flour to work with. It is granular in texture and tends to soak up a lot of liquid. Baking with this flour can be quite challenging and it takes a lot of experimenting to get the proportions and eventually the recipe right! Having said that, it is still the best flour to work with (as compared to the other healthier flours like almond and oats), given its natural sweetness. The flour adds a tinge of sweetness to the baked goods without adding a ton of coconut flavor, thereby making it a great option for baking. It also happens to be the cheapest grain-free flour. So what are we waiting for? Let us get started.
Delicious Coconut Flour Cookie Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour (sifted)
- 6 tbsp of softened butter
- 1/3 cup of softened coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of low-carb sugar substitute (to add taste)
- 1 tbsp of almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- To make coconut flour cookies, take a big bowl and combine baking powder, salt and coconut flour in the aforementioned proportions and stir well.
- Meanwhile, take a separate bowl and mix butter and coconut oil in the said proportions and beat them together. Once done, add a sweetener of your choice and continue to beat the mixture until it becomes fluffy. To this, add vanilla extract and a tablespoon of almond milk and continue to beat well until you get the desired consistency.
- Continue to beat the ingredients together until they are properly mixed. Ensure that the batter you are mixing is adequately thick. If not, feel free to add more coconut flour; however, make sure you don't overdo it.
- Once properly mixed, keep it aside. Take an ungreased cookie sheet or silicone mat (whatever is available) and flatten out the scooped doughs as per your desired thickness onto the sheet. Bake the cookies at 375°F for not less than 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn brown (whichever happens first).
- Your cookie is now ready! Serve it with warm milk and enjoy these delicious and healthy snacks!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.