Rum vs Whiskey
Although they can be similar in appearance, rum and whiskey arewith notably different tastes and qualities.
How to Make?
Both go through a process of , distillation, and aging. However, rum goes through a double distillation process, whereas whiskey is aged in wooden barrels to increase its characteristic flavor
- Whiskey: Whiskey is made from a variety of barley, rye, and wheat. grains, such as
- Rum: Rum is made from the byproducts of molasses, honey, and sugarcane juice. , such as
Both beverages come in a range of flavors and the taste can vary according to the age, color, and extra ingredients added to each batch.
- Whiskey: Whiskey is aromatic, with a taste reminiscent of the barrels in which it has been aged.
- Rum: Rum is rich and spicy, and sweeter than whiskey.
The alcohol content of rums and whiskeys can vary greatly, so it is important to check each brand.
- Whiskey: Whiskey sometimes has a 40% alcoholic content, but can also be stronger, going up to 60% for very rare varieties.
- Rum: Usually, rum has an alcohol content of around 40%.
- Whiskey: During the aging process, whiskey develops acid, which can help regulate the body’s glucose levels.
- Rum: In small amounts, rum has been found to increase the mineral density of bones and ease the symptoms of arthritis.
Which is Better to Drink?
Your choice of drink depends on your personal taste and what you are using it for, in terms of.