Rum vs Whiskey
Although they can be similar in appearance, rum and whiskey arewith notably different tastes and qualities.
How to Make?
Both go through a process of , distillation, and aging. However, rum goes through a double distillation process, whereas whiskey is aged in wooden barrels to increase its characteristic flavor
- Whiskey: Whiskey is made from a variety of barley, rye, and wheat. grains, such as
- Rum: Rum is made from the byproducts of molasses, honey, and sugarcane juice. , such as
Both beverages come in a range of flavors and the taste can vary according to the age, color, and extra ingredients added to each batch.
- Whiskey: Whiskey is aromatic, with a taste reminiscent of the barrels in which it has been aged.
- Rum: Rum is rich and spicy, and sweeter than whiskey.
The alcohol content of rums and whiskeys can vary greatly, so it is important to check each brand.
- Whiskey: Whiskey sometimes has a 40% alcoholic content, but can also be stronger, going up to 60% for very rare varieties.
- Rum: Usually, rum has an alcohol content of around 40%.
In moderate amounts, both rum and whiskey can help reduce anxiety, warm and calm the body and help boost the immune system to fight the common cold.
- Whiskey: During the aging process, whiskey develops ellagic acid, which can help regulate the body’s glucose levels.
- Rum: In small amounts, rum has been found to increase the mineral density of bones and ease the symptoms of .
Which is Better to Drink?
Your choice of drink depends on your personal taste and what you are using it for, in terms of.