For people like me, condensed milk is an elixir of life that has to be on the kitchen shelf or at all times. There are times when you just cannot find it anywhere, blame it on my memory or the lack of its availability in the market. Keeping that in mind, I’ve created this list of that work amazingly well as condensed milk substitutes!
And don’t worry, we have a recipe for all the vegans and intolerant people as well! Ready to dive deeper?
Condensed Milk Substitutes
Recipe 1: Egg-less
- Step 1: Mix sugar and milk in a pan
- Step 2: Keep the pan on low heat and stir till the sugar gets dissolves and the quantity of the milk reduces.
- Step 3: Whisk in the butter and extract
- Step 4: Store in an container
- Step 5: Keep it in the refrigerator
Recipe 2: With Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step 1: Mix all the ingredients
- Step 2: Add to pies, cakes, and other
- Step 3: Store the mix in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator
Recipe 3: Vegan & Gluten-free
- Step 1: Add milk and sugar in a pan and stir till the mix becomes thick in consistency
- Step 2: In another pan, prepare a mix of corn flour and water to make a paste
- Step 3: Add the flour paste to milk and stir
- Step 4: Store in an airtight container. It can stay for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator
You can also preparecondensed milk substitutes with the same recipes.
So, are you going to give them a try?