If you are looking for an easily accessible source of protein and choline, an egg is your best option. Whether they are farm-fresh or bought from a supermarket near you, there are different ways to eat eggs to enjoy their goodness. And if you want to try some creative ways of serving or eating eggs, here are some delicious ideas.
Simple Ways To Eat Eggs
Avocado Toast with Turkey and Egg
- Start by toasting your bread slices until they are golden brown.
- While toasting, get some 1 or 2 avocado slices and mash them up until spreadable using a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper and then spread on top of your toasted bread.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of turkey meat.
- Heat up a pan and fry a piece of egg sunny side up or scrambled.
- Once done, remove from pan and place on top of the turkey slices. Enjoy!
Eggs Benedict Burger
- Bake some bacon pieces and grill 1 or 2 patties.
- Once your patty is done, put a slice of quick melt cheese on top and transfer onto your burger muffin with lettuce and tomato slice.
- To poach an egg, simmer water in a small pot and add in a teaspoon of salt.
- Carefully crack an egg into a small bowl, then slide the egg into the simmering pot of water by lowering the bowl into the water and tipping it gently.
- Swirl the water gently to make sure that the egg cooks evenly.
- Remove egg within 3 to 4 minutes using a slotted spoon and pat egg dry.
- Continue assembling the burger by adding in the poached egg on top of the patty with melted cheese.
- Add in a generous serving of hollandaise sauce and serve.
Italian Egg Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Get a 9 by 13 baking dish and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dice up some bell peppers and onions and saute them in a pan with olive oil.
- Once soft and cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Layer some slices of bread rolls on your baking pan.
- Add in a layer each of salami and ham.
- Beat around 7 to 8 eggs, add in salt and pepper and pour on top of the layered ingredients in the baking dish.
- Top it with your sauteed bell pepper and onions and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Boil 2-3 eggs.
- While eggs are boiling, chop some celery, onion, and chives, and put them in a bowl.
- Once eggs are ready, peel them and chop to small pieces.
- Add sliced eggs into the prepared bowl with other sliced ingredients.
- Add in some lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Mix ingredients together and enjoy!
- Heat up a pan and melt some butter over medium heat.
- Crack an egg into the pan, season with salt, and cook.
- Add in a slice of cheese on top of the egg just before it’s cooked to melt the cheese.
- Place egg with melted cheese on a toasted slice of bread.
- Season with a dash of pepper.
- On the other slice of bread, spread some mayonnaise and ketchup and place the sliced bread on top of the egg.
- Serve and eat while it is warm.
Scrambled Eggs with Toast
- Crack 4 pieces of eggs into a bowl, add about 2 tablespoons of milk and mix with a fork.
- Heat up a saucepan and melt some butter in.
- Pour in eggs and cook over medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Once eggs are cooked, transfer them on top of your toasted slices of bread.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bon appetit!
Smoked Tofu and Egg Fried Rice
- Dice up some tofu and finely chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Beat 2 eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan, and cook eggs in medium heat.
- Once eggs are almost cooked, fold in half and once cool enough, slice to smaller pieces and set aside.
- Saute garlic and small tofu.
- Add 2 cups of cooked rice and add in egg slices.
- Mix together while cooking.
- Add in frozen peas, and season with soy sauce, ground pepper, and chives.
- Stir fry the whole mixture and once cooked and mixed evenly, serve while hot.
No matter how you want to enjoy your eggs, you can guarantee a full belly and a protein-filled diet. So try any of these ways to eat eggs and start loading up on some much-needed nutrition so that you are ready for your busy day ahead.