Garlic is an excellent spice that should be kept on any spice . It can be an excellent replacement for fresh . If you have ever cooked with garlic, then you know it is one of the most powerful flavors you can add to a dish, and garlic powder is much the same. It delivers a number of important , which provide various benefits.
What is Garlic Powder?
Garlic powder is the ground form of benefits over fresh garlic. This powder is quite easy to make, and you will find it as a in various like , , , , and in like sauce.garlic and it has a number of
Garlic powder can be a more subtle way of imbuing an entire dish with the flavor of garlic, rather than simply adding chopped or cloves. The versatility and delicious flavor of this powder make it a favorite around the .
What’s more? When you dehydrate garlic, you extend itslife exponentially, so it can be stored for months or even years without losing its potency. It also delivers many of the best benefits of garlic in terms of health. Using this spice regularly can give your and your overall a boost.
Garlic Powder Nutrition Facts
Garlic powder contains vitamin C vitamin B6, iron, calcium, protein, magnesium, sodium, and in the form of fiber and sugar. While the concentration of these nutrients is less than that in fresh garlic , there are still a number of and compounds like that can benefit your health.
Garlic Powder Health Benefits
Balances Cholesterol Levels
Regular consumption of garlic powder can lower your LDL or bad levels and increase the HDL or good cholesterol levels. It also reduces buildup in the and vessels and helps lower , thus lowering your of .
Boosts Immune System
Aids in Digestion
How to make Garlic Powder?
Making garlic powder at home is very simple. The only component in garlic powder is garlic itself, although many salt to the mixture, which is then called garlic .add
2-3bulbs of fresh garlic
Salt, to taste
- Step 1: and slice the garlic cloves thinly and place them on a .
- Step 2: Turn the oven to 175 degrees and the garlic cloves until they are completely dry.
- Step 3: Once they are completely dehydrated, grind them in a or with a mortar and pestle.
- Step 4: the mixture so only the powder remains.
- Step 5: Store the powder in an spice jar between uses.
Note: For garlic salt, add salt along with the dehydrated garlic cloves to the processor.
Side Effects of Garlic Powder
There are common side effects of consuming too much of this powder, which include:
- Bleeding Disorders: For people who consume an excessive amount of garlic powder, problems have been known to worsen, so always use this spice in moderation.
- Bad Breath: As with any garlic product, this powder has a powerful bad breath, although it can also help eliminate infections! , which can lead to
- Muscle Ache: When too much of this allergy, it could cause or aches. is ingested, or if you suffer from a mild
- Stomach Issues: Stomach aches, , and bloating can happen if too much of this powder is consumed.
- Dizziness and Headache: Some people report of headaches and dizziness, as well as , sweating, , and if they use too much of this spice at one time.