Nothing makes summers in the Indian subcontinent more special than mangoes. These delicious, mouth-watering fruits are an intrinsic part of the Indian culture and you will see them being devoured in ways more than one- right from desserts, juices, jams, jellies, chutneys, smoothies, and the like. One such delicacy that is not only popular but unequivocally loved around the world is mango lassi. Made by blending ripe mangoes, yogurt, sugar, cardamom powder, and heaps of ice cubes, mango lassi is an Indian drink that can easily be made at home. Want to know how? Let’s find out.
How To Make Mango Lassi?
Simply put, mango lassi is a smoothie that is made of mango and yogurt. These are the two basic ingredients that have to be present. The natural sweetness of the mangoes goes perfectly well with the mild tartness of the unsweetened yogurt, creating a delectable and soothing drink in the end that you just can’t resist. The rest of the ingredients used in the drink is variable. You can add whichever spice you like-cardamom or cinnamon powder. You can also choose your favorite kind of yogurt, right from thick Greek yogurt to a low-fat one. As far as mangoes are concerned, you can use either frozen, canned, or fresh ones. So let us look at the simple steps to make this delicious drink at home.
Creamy and Thick Mango Lassi Recipe
- To make mango lassi, add the mango pieces, yogurt, sugar, cardamom powder, and ice cubes in a blender and blend them together. If you find the consistency to be too thick, you can dilute it a little by adding milk. Blend the ingredients altogether till you get a smooth consistency.
- Once done, taste the lassi with a spoon and add milk or the other ingredients as per your preference.
- Serve the cool lassi in glasses once you get the desired taste and consistency. You can garnish the drink with mint leaves, saffron, or dry fruits like pistachios and almonds.
- You can make a vegan variant by using unsweetened plant-based yogurt and vegan milk to manage the consistency.
- You can use powdered jaggery or honey instead of sugar if you like.
- You can also use canned mango puree, incase ripe mangoes are not available.
- If your mango isn’t sufficiently ripe, the lassi will turn out to be too tart and you’ll have to accordingly add more sugar or honey than you would like.
The other mango recipes that you can try out are:
- Tasty Mango Salad With Lime Dressing
- 3-Ingredient Mango Sorbet Recipe
- Mango Sticky Rice: A Traditional Thai Dessert
- Refreshing Mango Tea Recipe
- Delicious Mango Juice Recipe
If you try our recipe, let us know how it turned out. While we may not be able to taste it, we’ll love to know your experience.