Imagine you have invited your friends over for dinner and you are cooking rice. You’ve got everything right but the garlic is not properly so there are some nuggets of it in the rice. Wouldn’t it take away the charm of your dish when people bite onto a piece of the acrid ? To avoid such errors, we are here for you with an easy, foolproof way to mince garlic. Use it in your rice preparations, sauces, salsa, or shrimp.
How to Mince Garlic?
To begin with, you will have to peel the garlic bulb. You will see that it is wrapped in papery layers and may even have a hard stem still attached. Remove as many of those outer layers of paper as you can. Next, you want to loosen up the individual cloves, so squeeze the bulb back into a ball and roll it between your hands for 15-20 seconds. This will help the separate from each other. At the point where those cloves were attached to the main bulb, there will be a hardened area. Slice this small edge off with your chef knife. Then, smash each bulb with the flat side of your knife so that that clove pops out of the covering. Your garlic cloves are ready for mincing.
How To Mince Garlic: Easy Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves medium
Using a Chef's Knife
- Lay each individual clove on a cutting board and smash them with the flat side of your knife. This will cause the garlic clove to burst out.
- Now that the cloves have been smashed, gather them into a pile. You can chop them finely, using a rocking motion with a sharp chef's knife.
- You can use this minced garlic in recipes like dressings and sauces.
Using a Garlic Press
- Take the peeled garlic cloves and place them in the garlic press.
- Press it so that the garlic is forced through the holes. Empty the pressed garlic in a bowl and use it in your recipes.
Using a Grater
- If you are not able to mince the garlic finely, a microplane is a great option.
- Take a clove and grate the garlic like you would grate cheese. This is a simple way to use garlic in your dishes.
Using Minced Garlic in Recipes
You can add minced garlic to your olive oil along with some red and you will have a mind-blowing Aglio e olio for dinner.as well. Saute it in
Now that you know how to mince garlic and use it in basic preparations, here are a few moreyou can use it in.
- Delicious Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe
- Best Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Spicy & Tangy Mexican Rice Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Peanut Or Satay Sauce
- Mouth-Watering Chili Cheese Toast
Do you use minced garlic in any other dish? Let us know in the comments below.