The digestion, treating constipation, improving health and increasing iron levels. They also help acidosis, bloating, anemia, fever, and . They have also been known for aiding in a healthy weight gain, as well as for their positive impact on the eye, , , and bone health.benefits of include aid in
What are Raisins?
Raisins are obtained by drying grapes, either in the or in driers, which turns the into golden, green or black gems.They are naturally in flavor and are widely used in cultural around the , especially in .
Raisins may be tiny in size but they are good for you as they pack a are considered part of the fruit group. These dried boost and are usually added to health , , and compact, high-energy food for mountaineers, backpackers, and campers. Since they are high in , it is recommended that in a day, you should eat ¼ cup of raisins or 1 small snack box (one and a half oz.) which is available in most grocery stores.. They
Raisins are abundant in minerals such as calcium, , potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and boron. They also contain vitamins such as , niacin, riboflavin, and C, K, and B-6. Raisins are high in sugar and calories but have a low index. A packed quarter cup of raisins contains 123 calories, 25 grams of , and 33 grams of . The calorie breakdown for a quarter cup is 95% carbohydrates, 4% protein, and 1% .-rich , and in
Let’s take a look at the most powerful health benefits of raisins in detail:
Raisins have fiber present in them which when eaten, and begins to absorb the present in the . This adds bulk to the moving through the tract and ultimately helps provide relief from . This type of is considered insoluble fiber because it takes in and gains volume in that way.
Promote Weight Gain
Raisins help gain in a way since they are full of and . They form an ideal part of a diet for or who need a powerful boost of energy, or for those who want to put on weight without accumulating unhealthy amounts of .
Treat Erectile Dysfunction
Raisins have long been known to stimulate the treating dysfunction. Arginine is a natural that increases the levels of , thereby increasing the chances of when engaging in sexual intercourse. Consuming these sweet dried fruits daily also helps increase sexual endurance.and induce arousal, primarily due to the presence of an acid called , which is beneficial in
Boost Digestive Health
The fiber in raisins helps sweep outand harmful materials from the tract. This can protect from intestinal , , and discomfort from bloating.
Raisins have high levels of that help fight cancer. Catechins are present in the , that the free radicals floating in the body, which are one of the primary underlying factors that lead to the growth of . The fiber content helps promote of from the body, thus flushing out toxins that can cause cancer. Therefore, including these dried fruits in your diet can help prevent cancer, or slow down its .
Studies show a positive correlation between reduced a well-researched that helps reduce the tension of blood vessels and decrease high , and the fiber in these dried grapes is also to affect the biochemistry of blood vessels and reduce their , which in turn reduces hypertension.and consumption of raisins. Many of the packed into them are beneficial, but experts believe that it is the high level of that helps. Potassium is
Oleanolic acid, one of the crucial role in protecting your against , , and brittleness. It effectively prevents the growth of mutans and Porphyromonas gingivalis, two of the bacterial species that are most responsible for cavities. As strange as it may sound, while the dried fruits, the longer they stick to your teeth, the better, because that ensures an extended contact of oleanolic acid with the teeth, increasing the preventive of bacterial growth. In addition, raisins are rich in , which strengthens and demineralizes tooth enamel. Further, present in these dried fruits helps curb the growth of , promoting strong teeth.present in raisins, plays a
The high levels of potassium, fiber, polyphenols,acid, , and antioxidants in raisins stimulate the burning of cholesterol as well as lowers blood pressure, promoting good health.
In a number of studies, raisins have been shown to lower the postprandial patients with diabetes. They also help regulate the release of and ghrelin, which are the responsible for telling the body when it is or full. By keeping a check on these hormones, people who eat raisins can improve their chances of maintaining a healthy diet and prevent .response, which means they can the or on the insulin after a that can be otherwise dangerous to
Raisins contain a considerable amount of iron, which directly helps in the treatment of vitamin B complex that are essential for the formation of new blood. The high copper content also helps in the production of red blood cells.. It also contains many members of
Phenolic, well known for their , , and antioxidant properties, are abundantly present in raisins and can help cure by fighting viral and bacterial .
Raisins contain antioxidant-rich polyphenolic phytonutrients, which are excellent for protect the from the damage caused by free radicals ( ), in the form of , age-related of vision, and .health. They
Promote Bone Health
Calcium, the main element of our efficient absorption of calcium. It is particularly helpful in preventing osteoporosis induced by menopause in and is very beneficial for bones and . Potassium is another essential nutrient found in high levels, which can help strengthen bones and promote bone growth, thereby reducing the chances of ., is present in raisins, and these dried fruits are one of the best sources of boron, a micronutrient (a nutrient required by the body in a very small amount). Boron is vital for the proper bone formation and
Reduces Arthritis Pain
Raisins constitute a natural source of polyphenols and antioxidants, which have strong anti-properties. Gin-soaked golden raisins are a popular folk remedy which helps relieve chronic and especially pain. evidence suggests that people show improvement in arthritic between 1-8 weeks of consuming 10 of these “drunken” raisins daily.
Promotes Kidney Health
Potassium in raisins helps prevent formation and the re-occurrence of.
Increase Nutrient Uptake
Raisins have a rich content of vitamins, amino acids, and selenium and , which absorption of other nutrients and in the body. Including them in your diet helps improve your overall energy and system .such as
Raisins can help to stop loose diarrhea.by its liquid and reducing the frequency and unpredictability of
Overnight-soaked raisins and raisin water are used as part of thediet as the dried fruits are rich in bioflavonoids that protect you from the free radical . Raisin water especially promotes good liver health, which helps the blood.
Daily consumption help promoteand thick hair as the vitamin C content prevents cell damage. Their anti-inflammatory properties help prevent scalp , , and flakiness.
Uses of Raisins
Raisins can be included as part of your daily diet in a number ofand healthy ways:
- Sweet crunch: You can butter-slathered celery sticks, fruit , or make them a part of your home-made trail mix. them on ,
- Salads: Broccoli salad with raisins and carrot raisin salad are popular .
- Breakfast: Add it to oatmeal or bowl instead of sugar or syrup. your
- Dinner: They make a potatoes, éed vegetables, or other side . In the Middle East, they are on rice dishes. addition to
- Natural sweetener: You can use it in and to sweeten it if you are trying to avoid or cut on refined sugar.
- Snack: The dried fruits, in their raw form, are a healthy snack option for people of all ages. Chocolate-covered raisins, as well as yogurt-covered raisins, are also popular for a quick energy burst.
How to Store?
Raisins once opened, should be kept in a cool, dry area. It can be stored in ancontainer for up to 6 months. They retain their flavor, color, and nutrition value. You can also keep it in for a year. In case they dry out, you can make them usable by them over water for a few minutes.
Raisins Vs Sultanas Vs Currants
Many people struggle with knowing the difference between raisins, sultanas, andwhile . They are key differences:
- Raisins: They are produced from grapes of all varieties, which are traditionally sun-dried, but they may also be artificially brandy, or almond-flavored Amaretto. . They are mainly Moscatel grapes, which are produced in US, , , and Australia. While baking, raisins are mainly used to like rum,
- Sultanas: Often called golden raisins because of their color, sultanas are dried white grapes. They are plumper, juicier, and sweeter than other raisins. It is mainly produced in Turkey. The most common type in the US is the Thomson seedless.
- Currants: They are tiny dried, dark red, seedless grapes, often the Black Corinth variety. They were cultivated in the south of Greece, particularly from the island of Zante; this is why they are also called Zante currants. They have a tart flavor and are usually used in traditional .
There are a fewfactors in excessive consumption of raisins.
- Weight gain: They are quite high in calories, which can increase weight quickly if you are not careful.
- Diabetes risk: The dried fruits also have high levels of High levels of triglycerides can increase your chances of developing , heart disease, and fatty liver cancer. If you have other risk factors, then be careful and don’t add too many raisins to your diet. due to their high content of fructose (triglycerides are byproducts of the body fructose).
- Allergy: Some people have reactions. They range from , problems, , and even fever, in some cases.